|Featured: Top 10 fragrances for winter|
Right from scarves and coats to jumpers and jackets, there's a whole new wardrobe for the cold months. When we invest so much time and moolah on getting ourselves a cosy look for the season, why not get fragrances apt for the cold too? Chandana Banerjee helps you find perfect warming scents for those cold days and nights
1. Gucciís latest offering, Gucci Guilty has a strong, woody fragrance. More aromatic, with a hint of romance, this Eau de Toilette comes in a squat gold bottle for Rs 4,100 for 50 ml and Rs 5,300 for 100 ml. If you fancy a matching deodorant, get one for Rs 2,100.
2. Another fragrance youíll find difficult to resist is Givenchyís Absolutely Irresistible. Available in 75 ml and 50 ml packs, and packaged in ruby-red, this perfume has Party Wear written all over it. Floral, addictive and strong, the fragrance is great for the intense winter months. This can be yours for Rs 5,150 or Rs 4,130, depending upon the size you choose.
3. Celebration of Happiness from Boss brings back the memories of sunny days and summer fun. Fresh and light, this pretty bottle of perfume is great for day wear. Dab some on when you step out to work or for a day of movies and popcorn. 50 ml of perfume can be yours for Rs 2,950, while the 75 ml bottle is for Rs 3,875.
4. Dior presents Hypnotic Poison, a sensual fragrance with Ylang Ylang essence and hints of orange blossom and vanilla. Packaged in a round, apple-like bottle, in deep burgundy, the fragrance is warm and strong. A timeless perfume, Hypnotic Poison captures the essence of warm festivity. Price points: 100 ml for Rs 6,300 and 50 ml for Rs 4,400.
5. A bottle of Calvin Klein Beauty complements the inner beauty of a woman. Inspired by the Calla Lilly, this perfume has Ambrette seeds as the top note, Jasmine as the heart with Cedar wood forming the base note. Modern, woody and floral, this luminous perfume is truly exclusive.
6. Lanvin - Marry Me! is a floral fragrance for celebratory moments that comes in a bottle that looks like a gift-wrapped package. Guys - if youíre reading this, Marry Me! can be a great gift for your partner- 100 ml for Rs 4,300, 50 ml for Rs 3,300 and 30 ml for Rs 2,300.
7. Carolina Herrera presents 212 VIP is a fruity fragrance with hints of vanilla, and will remind you of Christmas. The perfume is priced between Rs 2,550 to Rs 4,250, depending upon the size of the bottle.
8. Another fruity fragrance with top notes of sweet orange, fresh raspberry, crystal mint, orange flower, peony sorbet and jasmine forming the heart and vanilla, patchouli and cashmere at the base, Lady Million is a feast of fragrances and textures.
9. Diorís Escale aux Marquises takes the wearer on a faraway journey. Travel to the Indian Ocean Islands and savour the freshness of fragrant spices with a whiff of this exotic perfume that is packed with interesting fragrances - orange essence, pink peppercorns and Tahitian Tiare flowers. Citrus and very fresh, this perfume promises to tease your senses on a cold, dull day. Pick one up for Rs 5,975 or Rs 4,190 for 125 ml or 75 ml, respectively.
10. Jíadore, another fragrant offering from Dior, this floral perfume with potpourri of essences - Neroli, Magnolia and Bergamot, come in a sleek and slender bottle, with perfume the colour of honey. Pick one up - 125 ml for Rs 6,400 and 75 ml for Rs 4,570